Leadgate Taskforce Litter Pick Saturday 4th March 2017-Update

Posted by Richard Judd Richard Judd

Litter Pick Update as of 16 Feb 2017

1. Equipment and Bags have been "ordered" from the Council (Civic Pride Department) They will be dropped at the start of the week prior to the Litter Pick and then collected early part of the week after

2. Thanks to Andy Plant a class from the Leadgate Junior School are getting inviolved and are doing an activity on Friday 3rd from around 11am. Extra equipement and bags have been "ordered" for this. Good to see the involvement from the school

3. The plan is work in various areas of the villafge throughout the day on the Saturday. Hopefully making it so you can work in your immediate vicinity. There will also be a "hot Squad" to tackle areas not covered

4. Plan would be do around 1-2 hours. Starting from 9am throughout the day depending on your own commitments

5. Bags will need to be stored until Monday when they will be collected by the Council. There will be Collection points for the bags throughout the village. Confirmation of these sites will be confirmed by the day.

6. Currently arouund 15 people have expressed an interest. If you are able to offer a 1-2 hour time of support that would be fantastic

7. On this occassion there will not be skips (hopefully on some futire events we can secure/fund some) However Garry Hughes a local Scrapman is avaialble to assist wth disposal of "large" items. Please either contact Garry Hughes directly or pm me and I can pass on details

8. Any large items found during the Litter Pick will be reported using the Do It On Line function via the Council website to allow these to be sorted.

9. Please do support this event, be safe but also enjoy and hopefully work/meet some of your neighbours as you do.

Any questions please pm me

Also if you can comment below if you would like to take part and give an indication of your location in the village

Lets make a difference to our lovely village

Best Regards

Richard Judd

Chair of Leadgate Taskforce